WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Gloomy Thursday

Back on Lake Erie, there continues to be plenty of water birds to photograph. Here we see a Herring gull. Below is another one and a Coot just taking off.
Along this portion of the beach you can always find so many Canada geese.
I'm not sure why these birds don't mix, but it looks so funny with the gulls on one side, and the geese on the other. They probably don't speak the same language. LOL
This is an area where we always used to see deer and turkeys. Not so this year. I'm not sure where they all went, but this group was the first we saw in a long time, and then they decided to leave.
Another gloomy and really cold day. The weather forecast for tomorrow is sunny and warmer. I'll take it.

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

the white tails are so cute! and that one photo looks like you spliced it together w/ the 2 different birds. :)

Mary said...

I thought of you when I was looking at gulls in Florida :-) Love the deer shots.....I like watching their tails bounce up and down. Funny shot of the geese and the gulls (sounds like a couple of gangs)