WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday

It began snowing around 3Pm Friday and as of 7PM Saturday we have around 8" of snow on the ground and mounting. Welcome back to winter! It's going to get close to 0 deg. tonight too and the wood stove keeps the house so warm and cozy.
For the past few weeks due to the lack of snow and cold weather I haven't had very many birds, but that all changed today. The birds have been here is great numbers.
Mrs. Cardinal is always so gentle looking. I usually have at least 7-8 pair sticking around for the winter, but so far only 2.
Then there are the Blue jays. At one point this afternoon I had 9 of them on one feeder. I put out a couple handful of peanuts on the feeder tray and they were gone in minutes.
"Come one come all. Lots of good food here".
Of course I have many many House sparrows too. Large flocks of them this year. Mr. Cooper's hawk made an appearance too, but once again no catch.
Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.

3 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Oh your birds in the snow are just GORGEOUS!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh WOW! I love these pictures. Yes,the snow has brought back the birds for you.Now if only we would get some snow,perhaps I would have more birds as well. Have a warm and cozy day.

Mary said...

Love your Blue Jay photos! I saw one the other day stealing a peanut, but he was too quick for me to get the camera. I haven't been seeing the usual number of birds here, but our winter has been mild....until the last few days when it got real cold. Don't imagine my GBBC count will be equal to what I normally report. It's almost that time.