WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

World Bird Wednesday

Earlier this week we were along the Lake Erie railroad tracks at our favorite train watching spot when I saw two Eastern Bluebirds resting on the telephone poles. Not used to seeing these guys this time of the year, I'm wondering if they know something about this winter that we don't... No snow on the ground either. I observed one of them fly to the ground, pick up an insect- looked like a grub- and then land on the pole again.
This Bald Eagle was found sitting along the banks of French Creek about 1/4 mile from our home. I'm very glad they stayed around here this winter.
Click on http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see what Springman has done with this cool meme.

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

our bluebirds are picking out housing here already. LOVE that you get to see bald eagles!

Anonymous said...

I have noticed quite a few Bluebirds at my feeders here in Tennessee. I wonder if they are telling us we are going to have an early spring? Lucky you to have had the opportunity to see a Bald Eagle and photograph it!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love those Bluebirds. They always look gentle to me.

Brian King said...

Gorgeous shots of the Bluebird! And I always love seeing the eagles!

eileeninmd said...

My favorite, the bluebirds are gorgeous. Great shots and a cool sighting of the eagle.

Springman said...

Spotting a Bluebird does seem like a stroke of luck and this one is a beauty.
Your header picture is outstanding too. Lets hope for that early spring. I feel for those poor folk in Europe and Russia who are experiencing a mini ice age. We've had it easy!
Cheers!

holdingmoments said...

Those Bluebirds are beautiful Becky.

theconstantwalker said...

Wow! I wish we had Bluebirds over here... beautiful colours.

mick said...

The bluebirds are especially beautiful. Great photos.

Unknown said...

Wow that's a sight at this time of year!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.