WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday

We actually had a partly sunny day, but it was short lived, and then back to winter. That is when I enjoy my greenhouse the most. These are a few of my African Violets that are blooming now. My header collage shows a few of the orchids blooming now too.
Below are a few Goldfinches braving the snow storm. Can't wait for that golden color to appear.
Have a wonderful rest of the week.

5 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I LOVE African Violets and these are no exception. Love those gentle colours.

TexWisGirl said...

the violets reminded me of my mother...

but that last photo is precious!

Jan said...

You're so smart to have your greenhouse. I'm sure it helps with your well-being to have flowers year round.

Mary said...

I didn't know African Violets came in such beautiful colors! They look like miniature orchids! I wish I could grow some. I just don't seem to have the right combination of light and heat for anything indoors.

Cicero Sings said...

I have one African Violet and it is not blooming ... I do not have the green thumb my Mother had. Yours are lovely.