WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Another gloomy, cold, foggy Thursday

This is a shot of the local ski resort. Even with the lack of snow, the night temps have been cold enough that they could make their own snow.
Lots of fog today, and a high temp of 45 deg.
Taking a ride this afternoon looking for something to take pictures of. This is one of the nice condos clear up top of the ski resort.
On the way back down from the hill, I spied this Cooper's hawk. It was looking at something on the ground, and eventually dropped down to what ever it was, but try as I might I couldn't get any good shots because of all the weeds.
Back at home, this is the one and only Pine Siskin I have, and to think a couple years ago I had 100's.
Have a great rest of the week.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of snow and Pine Siskens here. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

TexWisGirl said...

i don't know if we had any pine siskins here this year. last year we were swamped with them...

joo said...

Cooper 's hawk is a great bird, and I love your misty photos!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Still pretty even with the fog. I too have only about 5 Pine Siskins when once I had 40-50.I sure miss the action.