WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Gorgeous day!

It appears like it's going to be a beautiful day. Happy Sunday everyone.
The Goldfinches definately are getting the color change. I haven't had many birds this morning, but the air is filled with their wonderful songs.
Here is the Waning Gibbous moon around 7AM this morning. Last night it was orange for a while but I didn't get outside to photograph it.
The skies are already busy too. Lots of contrails throughout the day yesterday.
This is Tweetie. She was the one and only chick that survived 2 years ago from her Mom Snowflake. I'm not sure what happened with the rest of the eggs in that clutch, I don't think they were fertile, but Tweetie is a good girl. She gives us lots of tasty eggs, and I just love her feathered legs. Her Mom is a pure white Silkie hen and her Dad is a multi colored Silkie rooster.
Hope the weekend is going well for everyone.

4 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

The morning moon has been awesome the last couple of days.
LOVE your chickie!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Wonderful pictures. I was outside yesterday and also noticed a lot of contrails. I have to wonder if we were seeing the same ones.

Cicero Sings said...

Tweetie is LOVELY! That photo almost looks like a painting. Neat.

Mary said...

Tweetie is cute! Very funny looking legs!