WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mishmash

Although not the best picture, you can see 4 male Baltimore Orioles all trying to get to the grape jelly. A female Ruffed Grouse scurries across the road in front of our van.



This is the only picture I have of a Bobolink. I have tried for a long time, and I just can't seem to get one to hold still. They are very spooky.


Driving by this farm today I really got the attention of this Llama when I began humming to him.



It rained all day yesterday and this pair of House Finches still showed up at my feeders.



A trip to Lake Erie, and these Ringed Gulls were looking for something to eat when the waves retreated.




Down on the beach were several Turkey Vultures swarming around a dead deer.


All the while in the same area this Canada goose family didn't seem too worried.



This big guy landed not far from us, but didn't stay long.



And here he is taking off.




Hope you didn't get too bored. The weather hasn't been all that good lately either. I hope to go back to take more pictures of the Eagles again this week. The eaglets should be big enough to see from the ground now.


4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Bored? No way.I enjoy seeing the everyday activities around your yard and area.Those Vultures have such beautiful wings,I love to watch them soar.

TexWisGirl said...

Bored? No! :) I remember Bobolinks from Wisconsin - what odd sounding birds but they're so unique! We get to see plenty of vultures here but not many orioles! I think I've only seen 2.

Margaret Cloud said...

You really can't get bored now that spring has arrived. I always enjoy your pictures, so clear. My Orioles like my jelly better than the oranges. Thank you for caring, have a nice weekend.

Mary said...

Wow...you started out with 3 birds that I've never seen! Would love to see any of them. Great shots!