
This is a lengthy post today for World Bird Wednesday, but I wanted to show some of the Spring birds that have stopped for a visit.
First is the Orchard Oriole. He really looks different from the Baltimore Oriole which is a much brighter orange.


Then the Indigo Buntings. They were here for 3 days, but have moved on.

The male Tree swallow.

Male Rose-breasted Grosbeak.

White throated sparrow.

First summer male Orchard Oriole.

Then I got a chance to check out a Bald eagle nest today. I got fairly close, but couldn't see the eaglets. The parents were scolding me the entire time, and I'm sure the babies were laying low in the nest.

Sorry about the graininess, but the sky was light, and I was having trouble getting clear shots, plus I'm not so good at in flight shots.


In this last picture we took a ride to Lake Erie, and saw all these Caspian Terns resting on a break wall. This is a new find for me.
12 comments:
I can't believe the variety you get. Ours are pretty standard, year 'round. I'm so glad you share yours.
love the orioles and the indigo bunting! jealous! for the terns too!
A wonderful assortment of birds,each one lovely in it's own way.
Nice to have all those birds visiting you for a while and even better to get great photos of them.
What a great selection, and variety Becky.
I love those Eagle captures. What a bird!
What a wonderful variety of birds, and great captures of them too!
Lucky you to see all these different birds...We don't get half as many as you do. Orrrr maybe I am just not looking close enough! Great shots...that Bald Eagle is so majestic!
Wow, It's nice to have so many great sightings to share! By the way I love the new header photo. Lets hope you get some pictures of fledgling eagles!
Great captures! That Indigo Bunting is stunning!
Beautiful images of your very colourful birds.
Lovely to see.
Oh Congrats on the new lifers!
WOW what a great assortment of birds..and you photos are great I see no problem with the sky shot--but I sure know what you mean I have the same troubles when I try to go for it.
Wonderful series of birds and photos. The spring migration is a great time see these beauties.
Post a Comment