WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Out and About

Traveling around this week we got to Lake Erie just in time to see the US Brig Niagara, the flagship of Erie, Pennsylvania out on a 2 hour tour with 50+ school children. You will see another view on my sidebar. This is the lighthouse at the end of the South Pier on Lake Erie. It is no longer in service, but makes for lots of pictures.

These cute Mallards took turns resting and keeping an eye on me.

Good balance!


We took a ride by the Great Blue Heron rookery, and things are looking good with babies in this top nest at least. The day was rainy and foggy, so hard to get good clear shots.


The ground Phlox are in full bloom, but rain in the forecast will ruin them.


One of my favorite Tulips, and this is the only orange color I have.


These are cool too.


I love these little Spotted Sandpipers. They bob up and down as they search for food.


I hope everyone is having a great week-end. We're getting rain again. Kinda getting used to it.

4 comments:

genie said...

YOu hit the jackpot this week...from boats to birds and blooms...you have given us all a bit of everything. Love the shot of that lone little bird...he looks a bit sad all by himself. The Niagra and the lighthouse are great, too. This was such in interesting series for me this damp Sunday morning....with NO water. I left the hose running yesterday and either the well ran dry or I messed up the pump. Whatever, all I can see is $$$$$.

TexWisGirl said...

the herons in their nests look wonderful. what a great sight!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely pictures.The Tulips are gorgeous.

Mary said...

Lot of beauty here! Looks like a great day for the camera.