WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Skywatch Friday

All day today these clouds were building, and sometimes getting quite dark, and it was very windy. There were warnings about rip currents and possible water spouts on Lake Erie, but I don't believe any spouts formed. I have been waiting to photograph some for a long while, but you have to be there at the right time.
This evening as the sun sets in the west, the clouds show lots of pink color.
Happy Skywatch, and click on over to http://skyley.blogspot.com to see more sky pictures. Another surprise, there are warnings of a FROST maybe tonight! Oh great. All my plants and veggies are inside the garage..

14 comments:

Jim said...

Beautiful colours in these skies.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those clouds are beautiful. I love it when they turn pink like this.

Arija said...

Becky, there is such magic in your stormy clouds! I don't know what it is about storms that i find so attractive, maybe it is their dynamism and the adrenalin rush you get when the storm breaks and you are exposed to the immense force of nature.

Love your new header, it is another of my childhood memories.

TexWisGirl said...

those are gorgeous! glad to hear nothing serious developed!

Anonymous said...

What lovely colours!

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

That last one is such a gorgeous shot. That pink color! I love it. Nicely composed, too.

TheChieftess said...

Wonderful colors!!!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful colors.

Regards and best wishes

Jan n Jer said...

Simply gorgeous sky! Love your new header!

slim said...

High drama and nicely caught.

Indrani said...

Superb captures.

Unknown said...

Great set of photos and the colours are gorgeous.

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful captures, the dramatic clouds and then the colors are beautiful. Great, photos, Happy skywatching!

forgetmenot said...

Glad you didn't have any severe weather from the storm clouds. They were spectacular looking. Mickie :)