WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

World Bird Wednesday

Imagine how excited I was yesterday when I looked out to the back yard, and in this high tree was a large flock of Cedar-wax wings. I don't see them very often and I ran to get my camera.
They were very busy flitting back and forth, and only stayed for about 15 minutes.
It's World Bird Wednesday, and do click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see lots more birds.

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i do love these communal birds!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Glad you for these pictures. They tend to not stay in one area for very long.

Springman said...

Now, that is a sun flower! Great header! Love the waxwings too, it seems a lot of birds are flocking now. Great job Becky!

mick said...

Great photos of the Cedar Wax Wings. It must have been very special to have a whole flock arrive like that.

holdingmoments said...

Great to see these birds in good numbers Becky.

We had lots of their cousins here this winter, Bohemian Waxwings.

Unknown said...

Aren't they fun to see. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

joo said...

Lovely flock! They are so beautiful:)

sunflowerkat said...

It's my first visit here via World Bird Wednesday.

Where are you in NY? I saw a huge flock of Bohemian Waxwings here on Long Island last fall and it was an absolute thrill. I'm keeping my eye open for them and you've just given me a fresh boost of anticipation.

GREAT photos!!

Kat
http://inmydreamssfk.blogspot.com/

Pat said...

They are such beautiful birds!

jeanlivingsimple said...

It is exciting to see Cedar Waxwings! They only grace my place in late winter. Thanks for sharing!

Margaret Cloud said...

Cedar Waxwings are very pretty. I had them when we lived on an old farm. They built their nest in our maple tree. It would be right out on the branch as far as they could go, every time we had a strong breeze the branch would sway and out came the eggs, all broke.

Arija said...

Lucky you! The only thing we get in flocks here are pest birds like starlings, galshs and other parrots.