WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

World Bird Wednesday

I'm sorry I don't have a much better image for this week, but I just haven't seen anything interesting. I did see these turkeys this morning on the way to the feed mill. This hen and quite a few poults crossed the road in front of us. Of course a car was coming up fast from behind, and this is the only picture I got.
Click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see lots more birds.

12 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

they better go hide...you know whats comning up fast!

TexWisGirl said...

run, babies, run!

Springman said...

Actually, I think Turkey hunting season starts like today. They will be getting very scarce if they know what their doing! Nice sighting!

Arija said...

I had the same thought as Jan, only a month to go.
That is a nice family group you captured Becky. We just have to snap our wildlife where we can.

mick said...

It's always good to see wild birds even if it's only a brief glimpse as they hurry across the road.

theconstantwalker said...

A nice capture of this little family. I am dodging pheasants on the roads during my commut at the moment... no road sence lol.

eileeninmd said...

I hope they stay safe! Between the hunters and the cars they are living in a dangerous world.

Larry said...

I love seeing Wild Turkeys when I'm driving. This lady has quite the brood. Nice capture Becky!

Unknown said...

Nice quick capture!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

jeanlivingsimple said...

Hey...getting a pic like this of those Turkeys is a great feat!:)

Mary said...

Turkeys are always fun to see. I don't see them that often.

Pat said...

I'm always thrilled to see wild Turkeys - and they're always alongside the road! Nice capture!