WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Macro Monday

For Macro Monday this week I wanted to show a darling little Orchid I have blooming right now. These tiny flowers measure less than 1/2" across, and have the fragrance of baby power. There are many buds and flowers on each stem, and they will last probably a month or more.
Happy Macro Monday and click on over to http://lisaschaos.com to see lots more close ups.

10 comments:

genie said...

I have had NO luck growing orchids in the house. This year I gave up and just stuck them back in the wash room and have ignored them...and they are surviving and look good. It would be a hoot if I get a bloom. This plant is so dainty and pretty. Love the yellow center. The idea that there are many blossoms on the stems is wonderful, and the fact that they last a month is great. Have a nice week. genie

Linda said...

Marvelous!!

Arija said...

What a joyful little thin it is! I am very partial to perfumed orchids and this is one I had not come across yet.

Teresa said...

Such a beautiful, delicate little flower!

TexWisGirl said...

wow! i've never seen an orchid only 1/2 inch wide!

Karen said...

Such beautiful and delicate little blooms! I'd love flowers that smell like baby powder in my house.

Unknown said...

Beautiful orchid!

Something small

Hootin Anni said...

I am always sooooooooo darned jealous of those who can cultivate and have orchids BLOOM! Its beautiful Becky.

My Monday Post is: Holiday Golden Flame

Happy Monday...have a great week ahead.

Laura said...

exquisite blooms becky!

Margaret Cloud said...

Very pretty Orchid, looks delicate.