WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

World Bird Wednesday

With some yucky weather this week, no birds at home to speak of.
We headed off to Lake Erie, and I did manage to see the Bonaparte's gulls and the red-breasted Merganser ducks still there after several weeks.
They were so active, and what a sight to see them diving and flying everywhere.
Some were just resting too.
Then we went to the opposite side of the harbor to see more of them there. In the background you will notice a stone break wall. The next day we went back, and noticed 3 duck hunters out on this break wall with their decoys floating in the harbor. Not a duck or gull in sight! I was so disappointed!
This waterfall always makes for some great pictures, and the Canada geese were ready to pose.
Happy World Bird Wednesday, and to see what Springman has done, plus his awesome pictures, click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see lots more birds.

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love that waterfall shot with the geese. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

I really like the last shot with the waterfall in the background.

Brian King said...

Look at all those birds! Beautiful shots!

Unknown said...

Lovely shots! I love all the commotion Gulls make :-)
Too bad about those hunters - but smart birds for not showing up.

mick said...

Great photos of the gulls, ducks and geese.

Carole M. said...

certainly lots of birdlife happening; great photographs

eileeninmd said...

I love the waterfalls shot, looks like a lovely spot. It is a shame about the hunters, but it would be best for the ducks not to show up. I enjoyed the photos, I hope you have a very Happy New Year!

joo said...

Canada geese are superb:)

holdingmoments said...

I love seeing plenty of gulls like that. Glad the hunters missed them too.

Unknown said...

My favourite is the last shot!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

theconstantwalker said...

It's always wonderful to watch loads of birds together...

Pat said...

Nice shots of these water birds!

Springman said...

Nice views!
Lets see, your taking the Yanks and the Steelers too?! Do you guys cheer for any underdogs?
Happy New Year!

Arija said...

Wow, what a lot of gulls! Love the geese but then again, I always love geese.