WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

World Bird Wednesday

You can tell winter is getting close because this Sharp-shinned hawk showed up 3 days ago spying on my birds. I never see any only during winter, and this one was not very successful at catching his lunch. Twice he chased a bird into the Spruce trees, and twice he failed.
Click on http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see what Springman has done with this cool meme.

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wow, he's beautiful! looks a bit like a linebacker with his shoulders up! :)

RamblingWoods2.com said...

Great photos...I too only have coopers or sharpies during the winter. The sharpie like to drive the mourning doves into the windows and take them when they are stunned.. I wish I could just throw them a roast or something, but it's hard to be a hawk too...

Ruth Hiebert said...

These are great shots of the Sharp-shinned Hawk.

Dave said...

Lovely images. She is a bit like our female Sparrowhawk, who is also making frequent visits now the onset of winter has arrived. Very honoured to be able to whitness them close up.... beautiful creaters

eileeninmd said...

Cool sighting of the Sharpie. Awesome photos. BTW, I love your header photo. I hope you have a great day.

Arija said...

He is such a good looking birds and I am sorry he had to go hungry but I am very glad your little birds stayed safe.
I adore your new header . . . beautiful.

Mary said...

Wow...great hawk shots! I also love the header. We have a hawk hanging around, too. Only caught a glimpse of it so far, but know it is there.

Brian King said...

Love the hawk! The yellow feet and the feather pattern are so cool!

Springman said...

Love that header shot Becky, just mad with action! Your hawk captures are great moody images, full of winters harshness. Cool stuff. Cheers to my favorite Yankee fans!

mick said...

Great photos of the Hawk. I especially like your 'header' photo!

theconstantwalker said...

A beautiful bird to see... lovely images Becky.

genie said...

Your Sharp-shinned hawk is one impressive bird. He looks like he has control of all around him. Very presidential sitting there on the limb. Love his colorization. Beautiful shots. genie

Anonymous said...

Like everyone else, what a beauty! Very nice photos.

chasity said...

he is beautiful.

Pat said...

He's a beauty!