WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Snowy Sunday

The sky yesterday afternoon ( Friday) began innocent enough after sun most of the day.
Last evening around 10PM the clouds negan to thicken even more.
By morning we had 3.5" on the ground, and another 1" by Saturday evening. By the looks of these Rhodie buds we'll have lots of flowers next Spring.
Lots and lots of little apples on my Flowering Crab tree but no birds have eaten any yet. Waiting for the Cedar Waxwings
Not a very good picture because of all the snow in the air, but Mr. Cooper's hawk is here for the winter.
Have a great rest of the weekend and stay warm...

6 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

So pretty to look at from a nice warm window! Happy it skipped our neck of the woods! Nice shots!

TexWisGirl said...

wow! you got quite a bit of snow! that almost-night shot is fabulous!!!

Buck said...

We got lucky here, but the surrounding hills got between 4 and 9 inches.

Gorgeous photos!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love those fresh layers of snow. I am waiting anxiously for some snow in my area.

Mary said...

Looks pretty when it's someone else's snow :-) Love the hawk. I know I have one hanging around, but have not gotten a photo yet.

Margaret Cloud said...

We have only had a dusting of snow and it is gone because the temps are up above freezing.