WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Macro Monday

It's Macro Monday and I thought I'd give you a close look at an American Goldfinch. They are just so darn cute, and the males will very soon be getting their golden color. It might even be sooner than expected this year due to this crazy winter we've been having. AND I saw 6 Turkey Vultures this afternoon, and I thought they weren't supposed to return until March 15th.
Happy Macro Monday. Do go to http://lisaschaos.com to see lots more close-ups.

13 comments:

Bethany said...

Great shot! It is really pretty.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks like those Finches are getting brighter.

Kim, USA said...

Haven't seen this bird this winter.

MM

Herding Cats said...

What a beautiful little bird. Lovely picture.

Hootin Anni said...

Sweet...of course the close up is best. Do I see a seed hidden between his beak?

My Monday's Post Link is: Morning Dew

Kerri Farley said...

Your Goldie is Awesome! And I LOVE your header shot!!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Wonderful close up photo.

Regards and best wishes

Jackie McGuinness said...

Lovely!!! Dropping by from Macro Monday!
Here's mine:
http://junkboattravels.blogspot.com/2012/02/macro-monday_27.html

Laura said...

what a beauty...

Mary said...

I love that last shot! I love them even in winter colors! I didn't have as many as I usually do this year. I only saw 3-4 on a regular basis. Someone else must be feeding them better than I do!

Kala said...

Wonderful details of the feathers.

Happy MM

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Nice macro... I like the close-crop on the second image.

Bryan said...

Glad to see someone is getting Goldfinches at their feeder. With the warm winter we have had, I think all of ours have been staying in the trees. Its probably better for them but they are harder to see. Enjoy.