WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday

I don't have much to add for today. The weather has been less than perfect for pictures, and I spent part of the day counting birds for the Great Backyard Bird Count. I've had no new birds except the regulars that visit every day, but I welcome them any time..
This winter has been strange in another way in that the maple sugar folks are boiling sap already. They say early sap is sweeter.
Have a wonderful day everyone.
One last note:
   One of my original Bantam hens, a very small and feisty gal, Miss Oprah, died last night. I  had her for 8 years, she was such a cutie, and she gave us many tasty eggs... I still have 2 left from my original Bantam flock and so far they seem very healthy, but their time is getting shorter I'm sure..
RIP little one.

4 comments:

Dianne said...

what a cutie hanging on the bird seed :)

love your reflection shot too

TexWisGirl said...

awww. sorry about your sweet little hen...

Bryan said...

I hope you had a good count for the GBBC. I like your nuthatch; I've had pair of brown-headed nuthatches hanging around the last few weeks and I think they are excavating a nest hole.

Good birding,
Bryan

Cicero Sings said...

RIP Ms Oprah!