WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

World Bird Wednesday

Took a ride on this beautiful day and found a small flock of Ring-necked ducks on a nearby lake. They are a new lifer for me. Whoo Hoo.
Be sure to click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see the marvelous job Springman has done with this meme, and to see lots more birds.

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

how great for you! i've been lucky to see 2 of them one winter for a few days, only, as they passed thru.

Carletta said...

I've never seen one. How wonderful to not only see one but a whole flock.

mick said...

Great photos and very distinctive coloring on the ducks.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Sweet images of a bird I had never seen before...lucky for you~

eileeninmd said...

Congrats on your lifer. They are pretty ducks. Great sighting!

Brian King said...

Beautiful ducks and gorgeous photos, Becky! Love that blue water!

Linda said...

What a great find! They are very pretty, and lucky you that you had your camera...you probably never leave home without it! Very nice photos!

Unknown said...

Great sighting!! They're beauties!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Larry said...

Congrats on the lifer Becky! I love Ring-necked Ducks and you caught the iridescence on the male's feathers really well in that last shot.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful bird.

Regards and best wishes

joo said...

Lovely collection of ducks!

theconstantwalker said...

Beautiful little ducks to see.. many thanks for sharing.

Kathie Brown said...

Congrats on this lifer! I saw my first ones at Nisqually wildlife refuge in WA state a few years ago. I have since seen them in 3 to 4 other states. It is always fun to find a new lifer!

Springman said...

Always nice to get teriffic pictures to document a lifer!
Cheers!

Mary said...

Ring-necks are pretty and always great to have a new bird on the list! We saw great ducks while in Tucson, and I added a couple new ones to my list.