WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

World Bird Wednesday

I happened to see this male Brown-headed Cowbird sitting near my feeders yesterday afternoon. I asked him " Do you guys know we're supposed to get a hard freeze tonight? maybe you all should bring out the long johns""
Then he gives me this look and says" Say what? It's Spring lady, we're supposed to have warm weather."
Then I get this disgusted glance as I tell him again how cold it's going to get.
So he looks away, and says" I just don't believe you." "OK, I say, but remember where you heard it first" 
Then he looks me right in the eyes and says " All right, I'll pass on the word to all my friends, but I still say you are wrong!"
I wasn't wrong, it dropped to 15 deg this morning..I hope all the Cowbirds were comfy last night..
Click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see more birds.

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you had perfect captions for his expressions. :) i wish more of my cowbirds would head north! we've still got too many hanging around our feeders!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your birds are quite conversant.

Carletta said...

Cute pictorial essay Becky!
I'd had a few cowbirds but thankfully not too many. They eat too much!

fjÀllripan said...

Beautiful bird and great photos! This one I never seen,

Brian King said...

Gorgeous shots of the cowbird, Becky! The light reflecting off the plumage is beautiful!

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Funny! I think they are such pretty birds, yet oh so naughty to other birds...kind of sad the way nature made these guys to use others~

HansHB said...

Nice post! Great for WBW!

Unknown said...

Fun series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Mary said...

He's very handsome! I wonder who will get to raise his babies this year :-) I hope you are wrong about the freeze. I hate to see that when spring is so far advanced.

joo said...

Lovely photos!

Pat said...

Great shots of the Cowbird!

Cicero Sings said...

gotta love the dialogue

Springman said...

It seems our birds have little trouble with the cold weather, not like ballplayers. The first game has been played!