WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, December 4, 2008

The day yesterday began with this red sky. I knew by the color what was in store. This kind of sky also only lasts for very short time. "Red in the morning, Sailors take warning". It was 18º, and after a cloudy start we did have plenty of sun. It rained last night, and possibly changing to snow today. Our son and daughter-in-law came over in the afternoon and shoveled off a bunch of snow from on top of our roof. The snow was about 18"- 20"+ up there, and we're supposed to get more beginning today so it was good to get some of the weight off. We also got our wood stove stack cleaned while they were here.
These next two shots are shadows of them on the roof shoveling snow to the ground.

A couple shots of a Tree Sparrow. In this one he has a face full of snow.



Once again Azrael is on the prowl. She has a path in the deep snow between the bird feeders and the pine tree where she hides. Only problem is it's a Blue Spruce tree with branches that touch the ground, and the birds never land that low, SO no free meal again today!
I've been putting up some decorations, and haven't taken too many pictures, but I'll try to be better today.
Take care all, and stay warm.

6 comments:

Mary said...

That is a beautiful sky even if it is a warning of bad things. I like Azrael's path....I imagine it is pretty cozy under the spruce and the birds would probably like to hide there, too! My cats much prefer a sunny window from inside :-)

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

That has got to be one of the most stunning, colorful, brilliant pictures of a sunrise I have seen Becky!!

dot said...

Oh, I love seeing all the snow! I bet Azrael is having a great time.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Gorgeous sunrise.Your children must be worth their weight in gold,or is it snow,for doing all that work.Children are indeed a blessing from the Lord.

EG CameraGirl said...

You may have snow but you also have sun. ;-) I wish the sun would come out over my house!

Carletta said...

I love that sky shot through the tree branches. The colors are gorgeous.
You've had a LOT of snow.
I smiled at Azrael trudging through the path - very purposeful looking.
Stay as warm as you can.