WOODYNOOK CREATIONS
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
When we went to town the other day, we crossed over these set of railroad tracks. As you can see there has been no trains in several days by the amount of snow. I believe this is now because of the state of the economy. There used to be at least couple trains a day. Back in the late 1800's the history books tell us no less than 60 trains a day passed through here. Oh how I'd love to go back just for 1 day!
These icicles on the side of this bowling alley went from the roof clear to the sidewalk. How much heat do you think they are loosing?
Actually between the ice and the snow piled up, you probably can't walk on the sidewalk anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
On Monday we had to have our driveway plowed but today we have no snow again and our temperature is at 50 F (10 C for us). This is a strange winter for us. It looks like you have so much snow that a bit of rain wouldn't make much of a change in it.
Nice birds.
I don't know....60 trains a day might be more than I'd want...you'd never get across the tracks :-) I would love to take a train trip sometime across the country. That dove is beautiful, all fluffed up against the cold. Mine are all sitting in water right now.
I would like to go back to the middle 1800's. I think I would have mage a great Calamity Jane!! LOL!! As long as I do not have to wear those clothes!! Wow!! You must be freezing when you go out Becky!!
OH MY! The icicles are amazing - already. To think it's not even January yet.
I just love mourning doves too, gentle creatures that stay around all year.
Trains still pass through here everyday but we're on the main route from the Pacific Ocean to Toronto and then into the U.S. There may be less now, but I'm not sure.
I hope your weather improves! I LOVE the DOVE!!
I'm with you on wanting to turn back time for a short while.Would love to see all those trains especially the steamers.Wow!
O.K. I'm so glad I don't have to pay their heating bill. Never seen such large and so many icicles on one building.
Oh my goodness... those icicles are amazing... whoa.. I think those have to be the biggest ones I have ever seen... sheesh!
Thank you so much for coming by my blog and giving me so much love and support and prayers. It means so much to me.
((Hugs))
~Michele~
Post a Comment