WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

This post was written Tuesday night when it was quiet and a few stars were out. Now at 05:44 on Wednesday we are having blizzard conditions with high winds again. Welcome back to winter.

On a recent drive we saw this pair of Canada geese relaxing on Findley Lake. There was a small section of open water,and they were the only birds there.. This Cardinal showed up this afternoon under one of the feeders. I haven't had many birds lately. Not sure why, but today I was over-run with sparrows.
A lonely Chickadee was opening a sunflower seed.
My goats Honey-Bun and Savannah were out enjoying a rare couple hours of sun.
I managed a walk on the Creek trail this afternoon, and saw lots of branches down from the high winds we've had the past few days. The Creek trail had been almost entirely under water too, and the trail is left with mud and ice. This shot is of the weeds and grass on the ground covered with a very this sheet of ice.
A puddle that isn't frozen with ice on the sides.
In the morning a flock of Crows showed up at our burn pile. We always put something out there for them to eat. They are very spooky and will have one or two of their buddies up in the trees as look-outs while the rest eat. There is a multi-colored one in this batch, and although I don't recall ever seeing any like it, I'm sure it is a juvenile. It resembles all the juvenile Grackles that were here earlier in the Fall.

This will be the last post for 2008! I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. My New Years resolution for 2008 ( and I made it simple cause I don't do resolutions) was to take at least one picture every day, and I have kept my promise! Some times I over did, but I sure had fun along the way. I think I'll try again this coming year, and maybe to improve on my images.
If you are partying tonight, please take care. We want everyone back in 2009! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

7 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Happy New Year to you too, Becky! And I look forward to seeing many more photos of your part of the world!

dot said...

Happy New Year! You did really good with the picture taking. I love your header shot and the goats. My mother kept milk goats for many years until she was not able to any longer.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I have so much enjoyed all your posts.I for one am glad that I got into blogging,it has opened a whole new world for me,and the friends I have made are priceless.
The idea of taking one picture a day is interesting.I still have a few hours to make any resolutions.
Blessings to you dear friend,Ruth

Mary said...

These are all great. I love the ice on the path and the puddle...very delicate. The cardinal and chickadee are lovely. I'm still having trouble getting used to the new camera and haven't had a lot of birds to practice on. Love your goats! Look like they are trying to plot an escape over the fence! I had crows in the front yard this morning...Star was not pleased when they were under his tree! Never had crows in the yard!

Cicero Sings said...

Wow, you're right, it IS the last day of the year. I don't know if I'll get a post up or not. I have to get ready for a games day today. Only a couple more days and life will return to normal!

TTFN ...

roentare said...

Wow, I love cardinals the best!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

A lovely post Becky. Thanks for sharing.