We had another gorgeous winter day Saturday and when it's like this we don't want to stay inside, so we went for another ride in the country.
I'm sorry there aren't any new birds to photograph, just the same old gang everyday, so we went in search of other critters.
I just love the shot of this doe. I hadn't seen her tongue till I got home and uploaded all my pictures.

We came across this small herd of deer coming back from a drink in the stream.

Sort of out of order, but this is the creek behind the house. There is some open water now, but the snow is really deep on the trail, and I probably won't go down again till more of it melts.

A view from up on the hill of Lake Erie showing plenty of open water here. All this warmer water will help bring us in the snow belt plenty of heavy snows if the conditions are right and a cold wind blows across the lake.

Back at the corn crib where the doe was I saw this bunny. It's the first I've seen in a couple years. When the Coyotes entered our area, the rabbits disappeared. This guy is either lucky or there aren't any Coyotes
or Foxes around .

I just had to laugh when I saw this house with the turkeys waiting outside the windows. Apparently they aren't wild turkeys, and are watching the house waiting for someone to come out and feed them. When I stopped the van to take the picture, they all started gobbling and walking out the driveway toward me.

This is really a pretty drive.

In the summer there is more water in this little creek and it's full of wildlife. Wood ducks, woodpeckers, lots of bugs, butterflies, beautiful flowers and Dragonflies. Right now it is so quiet.

We are expecting warmer temperatures on Sunday followed by rain! Ugh! At least some of the snow will be gone, THEN back to reality. More snow and colder temps this coming week!
Cindy, If you are reading this, email me. I can't access your Blog.
8 comments:
That was a lovely drive.The winding road is just begging to be explored.Turkeys,do we need to say more? The are pretty comical,staring into the window.
Blessings,Ruth
Wasn't that sun great! I was hoping you had it too. It was like a spring teaser. Your pictures are great as always, even with the snow. Ours is pretty much all melted now.
Nothing like a sunny day to lift the spirits. Glad you grabbed the opportunity for that lovely drive. More snow eh? Well it IS only January. It has been quite spring like here for a week or two but that will most likely change soon too.
LOL!! Those turkeys are just too funny Becky!! LOL!!
We had a sunny day yesterday also. It really does make one feel better.I Love the turkeys I looks like they are knocking on the door.
~~Hugs~~
Another group of excellent and beautiful pictures, love the doe with the tongue. My sister use to feed the turkeys but they left too much calling cards (if you know what I mean), she was tired of stepping in it when she went to fill the bird feeders. Still love your creek, there is just something about creeks. Have a nice day and week.
Love the turkeys looking in the window! Great shot. Deer and bunnies and turkeys....and sunshine! I wish you could send me a bit of that sunshine. I saw a tiny patch of blue sky for about 2 minutes today.
Swap my weather for yours any day.
My little Formosan ground orcids are delicat, last for about 2 weeks and unforynately have no scent. I have others though that will perfume a large house with just one pot.
Post a Comment