WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Catch up again.

It wasn't too bad of a day Wednesday. We even had some sun, but there weren't any new birds or animals to photograph, so you will have to settle for trees, snowflakes, and Frosty

This area had so many beautiful interesting trees covered in frozen fog!




Another shot from last week when we were at the corn crib. These turkeys can take to the air amazingly fast for a big bird.

Frosty just waking up from a nap in her basket bed. She now sleeps in here and will let the dog have his bed all to himself...


Here is what the county snow plows did to our mail box! Ours is the green one. This is the 3rd time in one month. Our son fixed it and it looks like new, but how long will it be before it's trashed again? Probably when the next big snows hit us.





Rimed Crystals. Clouds are made of countless water droplets, and sometime these droplets collide and stick to snow crystals. The frozen droplets are called rime. All the different types of snow crystals can be found decorated with Rime. When the coverage is especially heavy so that the assembly looks like a tiny snowball, the result is called GRAUPEL. This crystal is a Stellar Crystal covered with rime. That's about all for today. Tomorrow it's an oil change for the van, and it's an early appointment. The day should give us more sun too. That certainly will be welcome.
I hope you all have a productive and easy day.

Tonight as I type this, it's 8 deg. out and a beautiful clear night.

8 comments:

jan m said...

Lots of good photos Becky. Love those turkey legs!
Frosty looks cozy. I have a couple of baskets set out for my cats, but they'll choose a box of papers every time.
Your crystal photo is so neat! And you always teach me something new.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The frost covered trees are gorgeous.To me these look like something I would expect to see in the Alps.Guess I just have a vivid imagination.:)
Blessings,Ruth

Margaret Cloud said...

I love to see snow on trees, especially pine trees. The pictures sure are pretty, I like the name of your cat, looks so cute in the basket. We have had many a mailbox knocked crooked by the plow, they really can't help it. Thank you for coming by.

Cicero Sings said...

Quite the bed that Frosty has ... nice and secure and cozy.

Lovely, frosty scenes. We are still at the coast and it is quite mild here. Today we head out to see Mither again.

Betty said...

So beautiful. The snow just sparkles.
Your Kitty in the basket is adorable.
~~Hugs~~

Kerri Farley said...

That turkey is pretty amazing, the trees are gorgeous, kitty looks veru sweet and those snowflakes are just plain awesome! What a perfect post!

Cindy said...

LOL- third one down in your post- you've done it again. Last time it was my hay bales, this time it's my tree, lol.
Take a look
You must live not too far from where I do. I'm in Farmersville, which is about 12 miles from Franklinville. I'd love to hear from you!

Becky said...

Cindy;
I think we do live close, but
I can't open your Blog...
Email me.
B.