WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Winter hangs on!

Once again Mr. Cooper's hawk came for a visit Wednesday afternoon. He was right outside my living room window, and I couldn't resist another picture. Those beady little eyes are always watching. He flew into one of the evergreens, but I don't know if he caught a bird or not. We took a drive today not far from the house around Findley Lake. They have more snow than we do, and it's only 5 miles away, but secluded in between hills..
Along side of the road was a huge flock of Starlings. I love how they all take off at the same time and all fly in the same pattern.

Swinging by the ski resort the snowboard trails were busy.


We waited for a while but no one came by the big jump.
Back at Findley Lake some of the cottages are completely snowbound..

There are snow covered shrubs outside of a lodge.

How about some serious icicles.
We had a beautiful day Wednesday. A rare one indeed, although it didn't get very warm, it was warm enough to melt some snow. You can just feel the added heat from the sun now. I also heard a Spring song from a Cardinal yesterday. We must be patient a little longer. We have to get by St. Patrick's day you know, and then we're home free!

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful photos, love the icicles! Great photos of the Cooper Hawk.

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm so jealous that you could see a coopers hawk out your window!

Still looks a LOT like winter there, Becky. I bet there will be a BIG melt this weekend with the temperatures going up for a few days. About time, I say. ;-)

Cicero Sings said...

Glad you had a lovely day. It's amazing how fast snow can melt away when te sun comes out. I hope it doesn't melt too, too fast, that's all. Spring sure is on the way here. I do hope for the plants and birds sake that winter doesn't take another kick at the can.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

SOme days I would love to spend time in a snow bound cottage like that.Wow,those are some serious icicles.We too are having milder days and seeing the snow slow;y shrink,yeah.
Blessings,Ruth

Mary said...

Wow...those icicles look like real killers! Love the hawk shot! I suppose it isn't nice to always hope they get a House Sparrow if they have to kill a bird. The snowboarders are probably inspired by the Olympics. It was one of my favorite parts to watch.

Margaret Cloud said...

You always take the most beautiful and clear pictures. I am tired of the snow but it does make for pretty photos. Have a nice weekend.

Andree said...

I love this set of photos. The birds are fantastic — I have never seen a Cooper's Hawk yet and I should have. And I never tire of snow photos, even tho I have had about enough now.

Kerri Farley said...

Super shots!