WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, March 1, 2010

CAT FIGHT!

These are 2 of my barn cats, Azrael and Jasper. Every evening when I go over there to do chores, the two of them go at it. Jasper was a drop off last Fall and Azrael being the "Boss Lady" just never made up to him. He picks on her, and she really lets him know who's "Boss"!

This is how they start off. Circling and waiting...

Then getting closer, Jasper is on guard...


Azrael , on the right is just waiting for the right moment.







At this point I'm not sure who is who! They both look so much alike. Enlarge the picture and check out the claws. They are serious!





In the end Azrael throws Jasper head over heels into the snow bank.


Thanks to Gattina for hosting this meme, My Cats on Tuesday..

15 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

My, that's quite the duo! I wonder if they'll ever accept one another?

Too funny about your dogs potty habits. So funny how they need to have just the right spot to go. I always why one spot is better over the other? Sometimes Mingus will just about start to go, but no, somethings just not right about the spot so on to the next ... and I'm in total disgust.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Great actions shots here Becky!! You captured it so well!! I had to smile at it though as I am sure that afterwards they curled up together and went to sleep. :)

Al said...

LOL! You got them in action, I hope they're not serious, but it looks like, anyway I hope no ones got hurt.

We love Luna said...

wow they are Brave cats to face all those snow and cold!But I think it's cool because they are having lots of fun together.They are playing to fight, only it! :)

Happy Tuesday!
purrs
Luna

Cindy said...

Wow, they are really going at it! They are really cute cats, too bad they don't get along.

Carla said...

This last pictures are wonderful!! Cats take everything 'quite' serious don't they?

Unknown said...

Those are wonderful pics! You really captured the action. I love your header, did you take that pic as well? Happy COT!

Margaret Cloud said...

I have seen cats fight and they are very vocal, makes the hair stand up on you neck. One time our cat and a neighbors was fighting, I snuck up on them and when I yelled they both jumped at least three feet in the air, boy did I laugh.

Mary said...

What a beautiful pair of kitties. They do look very serious about the fighting. At least yours fight outside. My Ozma and Hopey hate Mouse and we get some cat fights inside. The photos are great!

The Chair Speaks said...

Great shots. Very National Geographic!

JEWELGIRLS KATZ said...

Welcome to Cats on Tuesday! Your action shots in the snow are wonderful! I hope both the kitties
came out of it friends? We have little fights occasionally but nothing quite like this! :)

TorAa said...

Cats fights might be really serious.
After all, our small darlings are real predators. That's ok when they clean barns and houses from Mice.
Excellent series of Photos.

Have a great week.

Puuuurrr
from
Norway

Andree said...

I love this post because the photographs are simply great. I'm sorry they are not getting along. I wish cats could find a better way to co-exist! But the photos are wonderful.

Ellen Whyte said...

These are terrific pics! that fight looks like great fun too.

Irishcoda said...

Oh my goodness, that's some cat fight! And yes, agree w/Joan who said you got some great action shots.