WOODYNOOK CREATIONS
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Ducks and Geese
On Wednesday we visited the Peninsula on Lake Erie, and saw so many migrating ducks and a few geese. In this shot you can see 100's of Ring billed Sea gulls, and in the foreground lots of Canvasback ducks. Some of these gulls are different, but I'm not sure what they are.
A Canvasback drake in the back. I don't know what the front duck is..We saw more ducks, and I'll post them on Sunday.
Tundra Swans in the front.
I think this is a juvenile pair of Tundras.

Last but not least some ice fishermen way out on the bay with a 4 wheeler! The weather is getting warmer, and there is plenty of water on top of the ice now...You wouldn't catch me out there!
We're getting rain now, and although lots of the snow has melted there is still lots to go. Saturday will be bringing heavy rain and high winds. The creek behind the house is already "bank full"and the sump pump is ready and waiting. Have a great weekend, and scroll down to see my Weekend Reflection picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great photos! Wow...what a lot of gulls, ducks and even swans! I'm surprised that there is still enough ice for ice fishing. I guess all the birds from here are migrating back up north now. We're getting rain, too.
It is encouraging to see all this waterfowl.I am anxious to see them over here,but all the water is still frozen solid.
Yikes,those fishermen are living dangerously.
Hope you will not encounter too much flooding with the melt and the rains.
Blessings,Ruth
Hi Becky! Hope you aren't inundated with water. It was raining cats and dogs here today, and the creeks were up to their banks. No snow in my neighborhood, but we saw there is still some in the hills.
Post a Comment