WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, February 24, 2011

This week, and more snow

Oh dear, more snow this week, as a matter of fact 11" on Sunday night. Just when we had tons of it cleared away from the house.
Sunday afternoon on a drive past this Amish house shows church is still going on as you can see by all the buggies. A little later I spied some deer resting beneath some underbrush,
Here is one doe that had her nose buried in the snow searching for grass. She didn't hang around very long though and ran off.

On our way to watch trains we always pass this adorable little country house. I never see any one there, and I would love to just sit on the porch and look at the beautiful scenery. Someone takes very good care of the house, and plants beautiful flowers in the Spring.


I participated in the Great Backyard Bird Count this year again, and I had 8 Cardinals all at one time.
This is our front yard after the 11" snow fall, and now I hear there is another storm coming tomorrow night! Oh joy!

5 comments:

Arija said...

Now if Christmas was coming up you would be so happy to have all that snow that makes it look so festive. By February I can understand that you are getting tired of the interminable whiteness.
I too long to see green. Our pastures and hills around are all grey and a bit miserable to look at.

Hope all is quiet in your camp, mine is reasonably OK at the moment with just the occasional flair ups.

Hugs and blessings . . . Arija

Cicero Sings said...

We are in the thick of cold and snow yet too! Spring sure will be most welcome when it FINALLY comes.

TexWisGirl said...

Oh dear! LOVE that little house! I'd want to investigate further too! :)

Jan n Jer said...

Oh my, I don't envy you. Jer n I are leaving to go down south on sunday and I have to say we are soooo excited to get away from this cold n snow. Hang in...spring we get here soon!!!

Mary said...

I hope your snow goes away soon. How depressing to have snow this late even though it is beautiful in the photos! Love the deer and cardinal.