That looks like the birds that are coming to my feeder this winter.
He is a unique looking bird.I'm glad you got such good pictures of this bird. Ruth
Great capture of this one. Too bad he didn't return this year.
Lovely captures Becky.The leucistic and partial albino birds, can sometimes cause confusion ID'ing them. They do for me lol
They are all such pretty birds Becky. My head is a bit blank, he lit a fire outside yesterday. It is the height of our fire season with total bans. Just a tad stressful . . .
He is so cute! I love the little Juncos!
Remember being baffled by juncos on a trip to the states years ago - I think your albino would have made things even worse!CheersStewart M
Very interesting coloring in that little bird. Great that you could get some good photos of it.
OH never seen anything like that! Thank you for posting this--a very good photo also.
Gosh, I would have called it a sparrow.And I couldn't find the word 'leucistic' in my dictionary, and I wonder who the 'he' is in Arija's comment.
Well spotted Becky and lovely images.
I've never seen an albino, but I like Junco's. Good shots. Gary & Boom of the Vermilon River, Canada.
How unique! You take wonderful shots of the birds in your yard, Becky!
You can tell winter is not far behind when the Junco shows up.
What a remarkable aberration! You must miss seeing him this winter. Did he have you going for a bit before you IDed him? ;-)WBW
Wow..how strange it looks! The white makes it hard to recognize at first.
hes a real cute one.Isnt it nice when they visit often and long and you can kind of own a special bird for a while, hope he returns next year!
Post a Comment
17 comments:
That looks like the birds that are coming to my feeder this winter.
He is a unique looking bird.I'm glad you got such good pictures of this bird.
Ruth
Great capture of this one. Too bad he didn't return this year.
Lovely captures Becky.
The leucistic and partial albino birds, can sometimes cause confusion ID'ing them. They do for me lol
They are all such pretty birds Becky.
My head is a bit blank, he lit a fire outside yesterday. It is the height of our fire season with total bans. Just a tad stressful . . .
He is so cute! I love the little Juncos!
Remember being baffled by juncos on a trip to the states years ago - I think your albino would have made things even worse!
Cheers
Stewart M
Very interesting coloring in that little bird. Great that you could get some good photos of it.
OH never seen anything like that! Thank you for posting this--a very good photo also.
Gosh, I would have called it a sparrow.
And I couldn't find the word 'leucistic' in my dictionary, and I wonder who the 'he' is in Arija's comment.
Well spotted Becky and lovely images.
I've never seen an albino, but I like Junco's. Good shots. Gary & Boom of the Vermilon River, Canada.
How unique! You take wonderful shots of the birds in your yard, Becky!
You can tell winter is not far behind when the Junco shows up.
What a remarkable aberration! You must miss seeing him this winter. Did he have you going for a bit before you IDed him? ;-)WBW
Wow..how strange it looks! The white makes it hard to recognize at first.
hes a real cute one.
Isnt it nice when they visit often and long and you can kind of own a special bird for a while, hope he returns next year!
Post a Comment