A very Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there. My Mother was a wonderful, warm, and caring person and I really miss her. This post is dedicated to her. She loved birds..
This cute little White crowned sparrow seems to be looking for more seed or at least some that he is interested in. These guys have eaten me out of house and home lately!

Arriving yesterday were the Indigo Buntings, my very favorite.

They are all over, and I really am enjoying them, because in a few days they'll be moving on although they will remain in the area, I just won't see them as much.

Finally a White
throated sparrow dropped by too.

I think this is a young first winter white
throated sparrow.

Of course the Rose breasted Grosbeak is still here along with 2 other pair.

Lots of color here. Goldfinches, Indigo Buntings, White crowned sparrow.

New arrivals today too are the Tree swallows. Here is the Mrs. checking out this years rental.


The Mr. looks on from a nearby Azalea bush. The Bluebirds checked out this house for a couple days, but didn't come back..

Once again Happy Mother's day to all the Moms. Have a great time today.
7 comments:
Happy Mothers' Day my dear. I still miss mine quite desperately although she left us 24 years ago. Sorry to hear about your so-so weekend, I'm having a very similar time. It is not easy to be at close quarters all the time.
Just had to stop by since i had a tiny window of opportunity.
Love those Buntings and Bluebird . . . blue in birds and flowers is such a sign of hope!
Happy Mothers Day to you 2! Love all the bird pics.
those are wonderful photos of some very special birds. happy mom's day!
Beautiful and colourful post.Happy mother's Day.
I'm constantly amazed at the number of birds that visit your yard!
Nice bird shots. You have a few species that I don't see where I live.
A Belated Happy Mother's Day to you.
A LOVELY tribute to your Mom :)
Post a Comment