On a recent trip to the Great Blue Heron rookery, it appears that there are several nests missing. I'm wondering if they might have gotten blown away during the very high winds we had late in the winter. On closer inspection there is a heron sitting in each of these nests.

Checking the bird houses on our trails, these are the eggs of the Tufted Titmouse.

A couple of Mallards taking it easy.

I was surprised last weekend with this gorgeous yellow Orchid blooming in my greenhouse..

Thousands of Dandelions.

The Eastern
Kingbirds are beginning to show up too.

Have a great rest of the week.
6 comments:
those are beautiful shots. LOVE the bright yellows!
Hiya Becky,
Good division in your blog page, with the larger sidebar.
And the header gives such a sense of immediacy: I instinctively stepped back to let the train pass :-)
I still wish I could see a Heron rookery sometime.At least I'm seeing it through your eyes and for that I thank you.All those Dandelions are pretty in the field,but I wish they would not look so pretty on my yard.
Nice pics...just look at all those dandelions!!! My hubby would be out there with his weed killer...LOL
Very cool to see all those nests so high in the trees! And lovely field of flowers too!
All of these are great! I love seeing the eggs. I wish I could get near our rookery, but still waiting for the water to go down.
Post a Comment