WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lots of Birds

Just today some ground flocks blossomed. So good to see color. The White-throated sparrows are still here too. They are so cute, and very busy.
Oops, I goofed, not paying attention I guess. This really is a White crowned sparrow. Ann of http://naturetales.blogspot.com / Nature Tails and Camera Trails spotted this bird. Thanks Ann!




Hanging around too are 3-4 Pine Siskins. I don't remember them being here at this time of the year.
.



Now here are lots of Goldfinches.





Frosty doesn't care about the birds. She would rather sleep!






New this year too, are this pair of Northern Flickers. I've never seen the female before till now.




We have lots of ants in our back yard, and that makes the Flickers so happy. There seems to be lots of worms for the Robins too with so much rain.





Another brief visitor are the Rose-breasted Grosbeaks. The females have yet to arrive, and I love all the bright colors.




That's about it folks. I hope you all are having a wonderful week-end.



7 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Love all the bird photos you've shared. I go birdwatching myself if I ever leave the yard. LOL

Some great treasures of nature you've captured and shared.

Regarding the game...no, we very seldom get NYY games aired in our area. Except if we're lucky about once a week on MLB with our cable. But I do every morning that I don't get to watch a live game...I check the game wrap and scores. I'm yip yip horraying here all the time I see B. Sox on the bottom of the division. LOL [a team I LOVE to HATE]

Jan n Jer said...

I would love to get those flickers to come to my yard...we have lots of ants this year and they are coming into my house!!!! Great bird shots. We are getting lots of Gold finches coming to my bird bath, they are so pretty.

TexWisGirl said...

I've spotted what I think is a female rose-breasted grosbeak here so maybe she's on her way north to find your male?! :) I love those little goldfinches sitting on the hooks.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thanks for bringing a ray of spring sunshine into my home.I needed that today,as outside it seems more like winter with a spring blizzard.

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm glad Frosty would rather sleep than chase birds. Good kitty!

The rose-breasted grosbeak is an interesting-looking bird. I have never seen one at my feeders.

me ann my camera said...

That looks like a little White-crowned sparrow in your second picture? We haven't had any of those drop by yey this year. Maybe not until fall for us when we sometimes see them on their way out, headed south again. It sure is nice to see some colour with flowers coming into bloom. We have Crocus in bloom now. Our season is just a bit behind everythong else, That's how it works here in the northeast. Our province borders on the state of Maine.
Ann

Mary said...

Wow....what a bounty of birds. I love those Flickers. I have plenty of ants and wish they would come eat them.