WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Just Stuff

In the hot sun, this Robin tries to cool off. It's been a good year for the birds. They are everywhere, and in great numbers. A pair of Barn swallows rest on the wire during the afternoon sun too.


Another daily visitor to the grape jelly is this male Orchard Oriole.


One morning last week very early, as the sun shone between the trees, you can see the flowers of this Hosta. This is the first time in a long time that we haven't had a killing frost after these plants have leafed out.



Earlier last week when we went over to Ohio, there were 2 Canada geese families, that kept begging for food as I walked around the ponds.

Lots of spent Cattails.


We're in a real hot spell now, and the field corn is growing by leaps and bounds. Have a great rest of the week everyone..


6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

and you as well!

Pat said...

Lovely post! The orchard Oriole is a beauty!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I had a Robin in almost the same position the other day.I guess even the birds get hot.

Arija said...

Becky, birds will spread our their feathers not to cool off but to get the sun between the feathers to rid them of mites. At first I too thought they were exhausted from the heat.

Margaret Cloud said...

I always like to come here and see what you have photographed, very nice. I use to see Barn Swallows when we lived out in the country. My Orioles prefer the grape jelly over the oranges. Have not seen any Hummingbirds this year, but keep the sweet water out for them, just in case.

Mary said...

Lovely variety of birds. I enjoy swallows so much.