WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Macro Monday

This vine is growing up a couple of our Spruce trees, and I love the color. It's called Woody or Bittersweet Nightshade, and although the berries when red in the Fall are edible to birds, they are poisoness to humans.


It's Macro Monday and if you will click on over to http://lisaschaos.com you can see what Lisa has done with this fun meme.

14 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

Very pretty flower...so delicate looking...but deadly!!!

TexWisGirl said...

i love the way they make that 'shooting star' form...

Kim, USA said...

The flowers are so pretty though it's not for human but it's okey it's safe with birds ^_^

Macro Monday

Unknown said...

I always love these tiny flowers but forget their names. Nice shots. :0)

Karen said...

Pretty poison!

Linda said...

Simply WoNdErFuL macro shots!!

genie said...

These are so dainty and beautiful. Bet the birds do like them, and I bet they look lovely climbing up the trees. They would make for a lovely contrast in color. Fine macros. Genie

Unknown said...

Beautiful macros! I too love the color of the bittersweet nightshade.

Teresa said...

Great pictures, but I have some I need to get rid of because it is poisonous to other animals as well.

Hootin Anni said...

Such beauties!! Deadly tho. At least to us.

Stop by to visit/view my HANDMADE MACRO LINK if you can find time.

Hope your week ahead is super!!

EG CameraGirl said...

I think the blossoms are very pretty. Yes, they are poisonous...but not deadly. (So are daffodils. LOL)) :)

Margaret Cloud said...

I like climbing vines and this one has pretty flowers. My vine is just plain green leaves. Have a nice week.

Cicero Sings said...

I knew these were poisonous to people but didn't realize birds could eat them. They grow down in the River Park where I walk Mingus when in Vancouver.

Mary said...

It has such an interesting flower. Very beautiful for a common weed!