WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday

I don't have much to add for today. It was a cloudy day when we went for a drive to Lake Erie, and Presque Isle. Some fog too limited picture taking, but I saw 1000's of Coots. I don't ever remember seeing so many together. They were everyplace. I even saw a man in a boat fishing out on the bay. Something rare for February.
This is one of my barn cats Azrael, and she loves rolling on the ground for attention. A fierce hunter, she keeps the mice and Chipmunk population under control. My other barn cat Maggie, is very old, and spends most of the day sleeping in the hay loft, but never misses dinner. You can see her picture on my side bar.
Not that I needed any more Orchids, but for my birthday I just had to have one! I don't have this particular color, and it's called an Ice Orchid. To water it, just add 3 ice cubes to the pot once a week. What could be simpler?
Hope everyone is having a wonderful week-end.

5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

A visit to Presque Isle sounds nice. I love the shot of the coots. And your orchid is just beautiful. Happy Sunday!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful Orchids. I might even be able to care for one like that.Have a wonderful day.

TexWisGirl said...

i'd love to see all those coots!

Jan n Jer said...

Beautiful orchid...I have never had one!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

The orchids are beautiful and I love your cat's name. From Smurfs, right?