WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

World Bird Wednesday

It's Wednesday again, and for this week, we'll look at our old friend the European Starling. I fortunately don't have very many this year for they can clean you out of food in a very short time.

One of their favorite foods is suet. I keep lots of it available, and the Starlings will take big mouthfuls and in no time it will disappear..

I know Valentine's Day is almost gone, but did you ever notice the heart pattern on this guys feathers. Pretty cool..
Click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see lots more birds, and the wonderful job Springman has done with this meme.
If you have time take a tour over to our other blog Woodynook View Egg Farm to see the strange egg we got this last week. You can click on the side bar picture of the chickens.

11 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like how we notice these small details once we have a picture of the bird. That is really cool.

TexWisGirl said...

i've always thought their heart-tipped feathers are so cool! :)

mick said...

Great photos and I really like the feather details.

eileeninmd said...

Great photos and a great eye on the little hearts.

Wolfsrosebud said...

nice colletion

holdingmoments said...

I love these birds, the hooligans of the bird world lol

Michele said...

you know what? I never noticed that heart pattern before ... that's awesome! I like that♥

Anonymous said...

I hadn't noticed the heart detail until now, thank you for mentioning that! Great photos.

theconstantwalker said...

Wonderful images of a stunning bird.
I love to see them up close.

Pat said...

They do have beautiful plumage!

joo said...

Lovely photos of Starling. They are such funny birds to watch:)