WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Wild Bird Wednesday

It was a good day to see water birds on Chautauqua lake, NY. These Ringed-billed gulls were all taking baths, and preening.
Suddenly a flock of Hooded mergansers swam by. They swim pretty fast, and are difficult to photograph. Still I like watching them.
Click on http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com to see lots more birds, and Thanks to Stewart for this fun meme.

4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Watching the birds in their natural activity is so much fun. Hope you are having a great week so far.

Carletta said...

Wonderful finds Becky!
When I enlarged them that first one really pops.

mick said...

Water birds are always fun to watch and photograph. Great photos.

Stewart M said...

Nice pictures - the Mergansers are great birds.

Interesting name for the lake - I believe that a Chautauqua was some form of traveling educational show of some form!

Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW

Stewart M - Melbourne