WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, December 15, 2008

As promised here are a few pictures of the birds. I just can't get enough of the Mourning Doves , sorry.
Anyway it was a miserable Sunday. It rained almost all day, although it was in the upper 30's. Tomorrow more rain changing to snow.
This Starling stopped by for a bite to eat. Open wide..
This Dove is standing on one leg to show us what good balance he has.
Some preening feels good while sitting in the sunshine.
A little itch on the back.
And who says a Dove can't swivel it's head like an Owl!
After all that grooming, how about a nap...
A good shot to show the green fluorescent color in his wings.
Oh, Oh, the Dove is awake. Always on the look-out for that Cooper's Hawk! Some of his buddies met their demise by not staying alert!
The Titmice were here too for a while.
Love those BIG eyes.
Have a great Monday all. We're going to do a bit of Christmas shopping this morning. I'm almost done!
Right now it's 47º and pouring! What do you suppose all this rain will do to the ski slopes?

10 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

You're getting wonderful shots of the birds. I think I need a feeder closer to the house! The titmouse is very cute. I don't remember seeing one at our feeders so we must not be giving them their favourite kind of seed.

Mary said...

Everyone looks so puffed up against the cold! Very nice shots! Brrrrrr....glad I'm not a bird!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Lovely as usual Becky. None of our Starings have stripes like this but they are beautiful too.

Jan said...

Love these bird shots. I, too, like the Mourning Doves. It's good to have a bird feeder.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

THe birds must like your place,they look very contented,especially the Mourning Dove.
The header is lovely. Is that your home?It looks so inviting.
Blessings,Ruth

Anonymous said...

Nice bird shots. How did you get the titmouse to hold still for you? I can never get a good picture of them. It was a warm, sunny then soon rainy day, and almost all of our ten inches of snow is melted...what next?

Carletta said...

Wonderful shots!!

Kerri Farley said...

Great shots!!

BNS said...

Don't apologize, Becky! I think it's safe to say that most of us love your bird photos, and never get tired of the doves, either. ;-)

Leedra said...

Starling are so pretty this time of year.