This cute little Chickadee stopped by for a snack.
WOODYNOOK CREATIONS
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Good Morning all. It's 22º here and of course the skies are cloudy. From all the rain we had on Tuesday, the creek and streams are quite full. When French Creek gets over it's banks we get seepage through our back yard into our basement, and our sump pump ran off and on all day yesterday and all night. Guess that's better than having water all over the floor.
This cute little Chickadee stopped by for a snack.
About the same time this male Downey woodpecker showed up with his red headband.
The footprints of a bird walker, most likely Mourning Dove.
This one of a hopper, most likely Blue Jay.
Our lower back yard with the high water. It's up about 2' in this spot.
Later yesterday morning we took our newspapers to the recycling center, and on the way back found a road less traveled. This stream was really rushing, and there had been 1/2" of fresh snow on everything.

Then we saw a couple deer. The 2nd one was not in the picture. She was behind some bushes. We also watched 2 really cute red Squirrels while we were stopped. They were running back and forth across the road, and all over the snow chasing each other. I tried to get some pictures, but they were SO fast!
This cute little Chickadee stopped by for a snack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You do have a lot of water! Like having lots of snow wasn't bad enough? I like the tracks shots...never looked at which type of bird made the tracks. Beautiful deer and turkeys.
I hope that water does not get any higher Becky or else your bed will be swimming!! I love the bird prints too.
Sure looks wet out your way.Keep that water away from the basement,if poosible.I enjoy visiting this blog,mostly makes me smile.
Blessings,Ruth
Looks like you were having a meltdown! We are getting the most snow so far this season. You are probably tired of it, but it seems nice to see white instead of brown here for a change.
SO neat about the tracks! I would NEVER see something like this, even if they were right in front of me!
Post a Comment