WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, December 14, 2008

It was such a rare sunny Saturday we just had to take a ride. This is the ski resort just a mile from our home. On this day, a week end day, there should have been tons of folks skiing, but there wasn't all that many. The economy do you think? I've seen it in years past that you couldn't even find a parking spot. Today there was plenty.
One of the condos. These are some of the first they built. Not the real expensive ones either. They are way up on top of the hills. Lots of artificial snow, as if we didn't have enough of the real stuff!


Not many people riding the lifts.
This is a moving track that takes the snowboarders to the top. Not many here either.
Wind blowing through the trees.
One up and one down...
Nobody on the jumps ? ? ?
More of the condos, and these aren't the expensive ones either. Someday I'll take you to see the real nice ones. They're impressive!
That's all on our ride for today. Actually it lasted allot longer, and I took lots of pictures of my birds when we got home. Stay tuned tomorrow for these shots.

4 comments:

me ann my camera said...

It does look empty there, but beautiful. With all of the snow you are getting it must have quite a long season. There's not much skiing going on in our area yet as we have a green landscape again after heavy rains. Happy Sunday!
ann

Michele said...

That's really neat how the artificial snow is done. I have never really seen it made. I know we have one up on our hill here but never actually gone up there and seen it in action. Perhaps I should go and see it.
Thanks for the tour... really neat!
(Hug)

Mary said...

Why do they need artificial snow with so much real snow?? Very interesting and some great photos.

EG CameraGirl said...

Very nice place to hang around, eh?

Yes, the economy is effecting so much. Hmmmm.