Taking a short ride around our area between the rain drops we did see some nice color.

After checking out some of the condos at the local ski resort, we had stopped at a stop sign when this big Red Tailed Hawk dropped out of the sky and caught something. After he ate it he flew up to this sign, and then along came a car, and he was off to the skies again. I didn't see a red tail, and wonder if he is a
juvenile.
.


A look at the ski resort in early Fall..

This gaggle of Canada Geese line the front yard of a home on Findley Lake.

Findley Lake has this water wheel that runs all summer at the low end of the Lake.

Some of the leaves have begun to turn.

Last but not least these clouds are present almost daily. We had very high winds today and 1" of rain.
6 comments:
Look at those lovely reds ... we don't get much red around here ... only the yellow of the aspens
I love the autumn colors Becky but wouldn't it be nice if it could go from there to spring instead of winter? :)
Love the hawk and the waterwheel too.
Thanks for coming by to look after me, a little love goes a long way when you are down and almost out.
I have just had a great tome catching up on your blog. Having spent a few years in Montreal and Vermont, make my heart turnover at the autumn spectacular, the winter snows and the wonders bursting forth with the spring melt. Maple sugar candy makes the whole family weak at the knees. Memory is a wonderful thing especially when stimulated by blogs like yours.
Thanks for being there.
The color in your part of the country is gorgeous.I love the vibrant reds.Great shots of the Hawk.
Blessings,Ruth
Are colors are coming they are a little behind yours but they are on their way.Your pictures are beautiful I especially like the water wheel and the hawk and the trees. oh heck all of them.
~~Hugs~~
That last sky is very dramatic! I like that hawk...wonderful to see it that close. Like the red leaf and the water wheel. A lot of pretty things to catch the eye.
Post a Comment