WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Macro Monday

For Macro Monday I found this Thistle that had gone to seed. We didn't have many Thistle plants this year and I don't know why, but I sure do love the Lavender flowers.
Thanks to Lisa for hosting this meme. Just click on her site http://lisaschaos.com/ to see lots more close-up shots.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this thistle shot. And your birds too. Birds are fascinating creatures.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Great shot Becky. Maybe they did not like all the rain you had.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.I too believe that the thistle is beautiful as is the seed head.Thanks.Love the colorful header.
Blessings,Ruth

Kevin said...

I have always loved thistles. I know they aren't for everyone but they sure are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is a really lovely photo. I just love the look and texture of thistles.

Betty said...

Great Macro I like thistles too. I like you header.
~~Hugs~~

EG CameraGirl said...

Perhaps all these seeds will plant themselves and you'll see tons of thistles next year. I think they're pretty too in bloom and when they've gone to seed.

Mary said...

Thistles look so neat when they go to seed. Pretty as a flower and interesting as they die. What more can we ask for?

Carolyn Ford said...

I agree that a thistle is amazingly beautiful in macro! There is so much to see about them...too bad we don't appreciate them in our yards!

BNS said...

That's a very nice photo. I like thistles, too, even though they are considered to be a weed.

Bobbie