WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

More photos on a very cloudy damp day
A Meadowhawk Dragonfly. I haven't seen many Dragonflies this summer, and this is a new one for me.
A old stump with lots of growth.

This one is out of order, but this evergreen in our neighbor's yard looks like an early Christmas tree with all the Wild Cucumber growing on it.


Moss on a piece of bark.



There are the Wild Cucumbers in all stages of drying. This one still is intact. With all the rain we've had these are growing all over most of the vegitation.


This one is drier, and has opened up the bottom and released it's seeds. They all look like bells don't you think?

I picked one up to show the seeds. There are 4 compartments and the seeds are the size of a watermelons.


The ever present Earwig.

Cloudy, rain, fog, and just another yucky day. Some sun promised for tomorrow.

4 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

LOL!! Poor you!! Is has been raining off and on here for the last couple of hours. I am loving it but it plays havoc with my wireless internet connection.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

With all that rain you have still found some very unique things to photograph.I enjoy seeing the variety you have.If I needed to pick a favorite today,it would certainly be the moss covered piece of bark.Have a great day no matter what the weather.
Blessings,Ruth

Cicero Sings said...

Those wild cucumbers are so interesting ... we don't have them here.

-10C (14F) here this morning with clear blue skies. Yep, brrrrrr.

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely photos, the first two particularly. I saw a lot of dragonflies late on in the summer, but none earlier on...