WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Macro Monday

It's Macro Monday, and this baby Mourning Dove has been here for the past 2 days, and this morning he spent several minutes preening in the warm sun.
Thanks Lisa for hosting this cool meme. Click on over to http://lisaschaos.com to see more macro shots.


10 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

What a great macro shot Becky, it has wonderful detail.

Valerie @ composition-life said...

Your bird photos are wonderful!
You should visit the bird Photography Weekly. They have a small blog carnival with some great 'birders"
You might enjoy it. I have a button for it on my side bar.

Love your photo's

Mary said...

Oh, I love the shot of the feathers! What a sweet and soft looking bird.

Colleen said...

I love the close up of the feathers!

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh, the baby is so much cuter than the baby mourning doves I've seen in my yard. Maybe mine were even younger and still at that "awkward" stage. :)

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

These are lovely pictures.It is not often one gets the chance to photograph these this close.
Blessings,Ruth

Anonymous said...

What a good look at its feathers!

Happy MM

Kala said...

Beautiful details of the feathers!

Kim, USA said...

Oh my I am so impressed of how you get that shot!! It is so clear and I like the lighting. Happy Monday!

Macro Monday~Grapes

Margaret Cloud said...

This is the first baby Morning Dove I have seen, it is so cute.