I took a late afternoon trail walk and had plenty of good subjects.
This Mourning Cloak Butterfly was on the side of a tree.

The underside isn't much to look at. I actually almost missed it.

I saw lots of white Violets. Farther up the creek beyond our pathway there is a patch of yellow Violets, but the area is not accessable anymore.

I also found this Green Heron way up the creek hunting fish.

This little Spotted Sandpiper was searching for food too.

Among the white Violets are hundreds of purple ones.

After I got back home I decided to do some weeding in my flower bed. This little toad was there to help. NOT!

It was such a beautiful day. I think Spring is finally here!
I'm sorry I haven't been good at visiting blogs lately. My picture taking stint with the firefighters is over, so maybe I can visit more often. I had a wonderful interesting time, and even learned a thing or two.
8 comments:
What a big difference in the open and closed wings of the butterfly Becky. I think I would have missed it when closed like that as it blends in so wonderfully.
Lovely shots!
Amazing captures from nature! Most of them are creatures I'd never seen before!
Pixellicious Photos
Very interesting pictures.I like the little violets.
Ruth
Interesting things you saw on your walk. I love the butterfly. I've heard of white violets but never yellow. We only see the purple around here.
This is indeed great shot and very informative blog.
Excellent shots, Becky. I haven't seen a mourning cloak yet this seasom, but I have seen a red admiral. It didn't stop long enough to focus my camera for a good shot though!
Neat stuff! I've never seen a Mourning Cloak Butterfly. Very pretty, but I can see why you would miss it with the wings up. Lovely violets. That Sandpiper is really pretty and the green heron...great shots! And a toad to keep you company in the garden.
Post a Comment