WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, May 31, 2010

Sunny Sunday

Even though it was another busy day here, I did manage to get in a walk on the trails.
I first spotted this female Wood duck on a fallen limb of this big willow tree. I'm sure she has a nest near by.
Then off to her left some movement caught my eye. A family of Mallards.

This is our pond trail. It follows what used to be an overflow from the creek and actually formed a "pond", but right now it's mostly dried up. The sides of the trail are lined with pink Phlox.


Also lots of Forget-me-nots.
Mixed in with Buttercups.

I got all my garden planted this evening, and even got some flowers and 3 cemetery pots done. Tomorrow we'll be going to a parade, and then having a cook-out with our family.
Drive safe if you venture out and enjoy this day that our Military has made possible.


5 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

As always,that path looks so inviting.The Forget-me -nots are pretty.Hope this day will be special for you.
Blessings,Ruth

EG CameraGirl said...

You live in such a lovely spot! I love all the wildlife you find so close to home.

me ann my camera said...

Great pictures of the wood ducks. I love to see a duck perched in a tree. Ann

Mary said...

Wonderful Wood duck and Mallard family....I just love looking for baby birds of any kind right now. Sounds like you have a wonderful old-fashioned Memorial Day weekend planned...have fun!

jan m said...

Love your pictures as always Becky! Looking forward to getting back here more often. Had a roller-coaster couple of months...my step-mother passed away after a very long illness and things were unsettled for awhile, but I'm feeling some sense of normalcy again!