WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just an average Wednesday

Nothing special, just a few pictures from around home.
A really cool moon shot tonight. This opossum was eating underneath one of my birdfeeders yesterday afternoon. They shouldn't be seen in the daytime.
Mrs. Cardinal seems to be napping. Remember yesterday it was a nice warm day and she is no doubt soaking up the sun.

The greedy Blue Jay hogs the suet.


I spotted this little doe on one of our trails yesterday afternoon.

This little Chickadee says a prayer before lunch.

Finally, I have seen this Cardinal several times, and he has no tail. The bird has no trouble flying, and I wonder if he got caught by Mr. Cooper's hawk but managed to get away?
Have a wonderful Thursday.

More warm weather for a few days. Oh how nice!

7 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

Great pics...enjoy the warmer temps and watch the snow disappear.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The Chickadee picture is adorable.

Margaret Cloud said...

I thought that Opossums were sleeping until Spring. Nice picture of the moon. Enjoyed all your pictures. Snow is melting and ice is falling off the roof. Have a nice weekend.

Jim said...

good shots
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Anonymous said...

Beautiful views. That little Opossum must be hungry to be out in the day or maybe he is just getting some warm sunshine time!

forgetmenot said...

Your photos are terrific--love all the birds. Very nice shots. I'll be back to check out more of your great work. Mickie

Sondra said...

awww another moonlover--I so love to see and stand under OUR moon..
Great birds in your post and the O'POSSUM a bonus!!