Yesterday I took all the plants out of the greenhouse, washed all the windows, vacuumed all the cobwebs, and swept the floor.. I even gave the plants a bath, and trimmed away the dead leaves.We heat with wood in the winter, and you can't believe how dirty those windows were and that will keep lots of good light from reaching the plants.
The following pictures show the Orchids that are blooming right now. Some of these flowers will keep for months, but then again they might not bloom again for another year. The little pitcher pump you see in this first picture has running water coming from the spout adding to the humidity.
8 comments:
Oh how beautiful Becky. All clean and tidy, warm and humid and flowering.
My poor darlings are all bunched up and in desperate need of dividing and potting up. I just cannot raise the energy.
Hugs . . . Arija
What an uplifting place this must be to visit during the winter months of cold and snow. The blossoms sre besutiful.We are expecting another red geranium bloom, hopefully for Valentine's Day. your winter scenes look like ours. Too much snow around outside.
Ann
This must be the place to be on a cold winter day.Those flowers are sure to make one feel warmer.
Ruth
Hiya Becky,
All that deliciousness in one corner.
Hope you can sit out there to get the most of it every day.
What a slavation this green house is for you in the cold dreary winter months. Those flowers are just beautiful. I think we all are ready to see the blooms of spring!!!
Look at all your plants and flowers! What a refuge in these dull winter months.
I've been using the wood stove more than usual and I sure notice a lot more dust.
More snow overnight but handleable - so I'll be out shoveling soon. Gotta take the garbage out by 8:00
OH,my...I love them all! Especially that last one. I would get me a comfortable chair and move into the greenhouse with the sun and the plants. It really looks warm and cozy.
What a beautiful green house, looks just like spring in there. Your flowers are so pretty and I like the different colors.
Post a Comment