WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, February 21, 2011

Ruby Tuesday


Since I have been participating in the Great Backyard Bird Count these past 4 days, I thought I would show the 2 Red-bellied Woodpeckers that have been visiting my feeders. The first one is the male. The Mrs. takes her turn at the suet.

Thanks to mary/the teach for hosting this meme. Click on over to her site http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/ to see lots more RED.


9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

we get them here too and i love them. :)

DrillerAA said...

Hey! I think this same little fella visited my feeders as well. Great capture for a Ruby Tuesday.

Jan n Jer said...

You get so many pretty birds at your place.

Hootin Anni said...

Pretty....oh so pretty!!!

[I see your NYY button on your sidebar...I'm saddened to hear that Andy Petit retired. Bummer. I'll be soooooooo lost when Jeter hangs up his ballcap too!!!]



NESTING HERON at paradise ponds in today's post.

Arija said...

Becky, those woodies are quite beautiful. I love the French touch . . . the red berets.

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful shots of your RB woodies. They are great yard birds.

Kerri Farley said...

Love the Mr and the Mrs! Hopefully some babies will visit later in the year :)

Margaret Cloud said...

These are my favorite of the Woodpeckers, very nice photos.

Jeannette StG said...

Becky and Gary,
In Oct. last year you gave me permission to use your photo for a painting -I just finished it and is on my post of 8/22/11 (title of post: No heavy cameras, but...)
Take a look at it and see what you think. If you like to display it on your blog or use in a post, you have my permission:)